- 2 lb. Soy Chorizo (I use TJ’s)
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 C. Pepper jack Cheese (I use Daiya) – shredded
- 1 C. Cheddar Cheese (I use Daiya) – shredded
- 1 C. Jalapeños (from a jar…save juice!!) – finely chopped
- 1 pkg. Shake’n’Bake – Spicy (as an alternative, use bread crumbs and add red chili pepper flakes)
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet (with edges). In a large bowl, combine chorizo, flour, pepper jack and cheddar cheeses, jalapeños and their juice using your hands. Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, form into 1 inch balls and roll in the spicy Shake’n’Bake, coating the “armadillo egg” before placing on the greased cookie sheet. Once the cookie sheet is full, put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 18-24 minutes, or to desired consistency. These are meant to be served warm, so if you’re headed to a Super Bowl party, make them right before you leave. They’re definitely spicy and last year I didn’t tell anyone that they were vegan… and of course they were surprised.
Original Recipe from Nike Edmunds